Take the first step on your leadership journey.
Our Emerging Leaders Program provides an introductory leadership development opportunity for Milwaukee’s current or aspiring teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, deans, and even principals. As a cohort of like-minded educators committed to improving outcomes for kids in Milwaukee, Emerging Leaders grow together during this year-long program, strengthening their work as formal or informal leaders, no matter what position they hold.
ELP is open to all Milwaukee educators, including those outside the Schools That Can Milwaukee network of schools.
Program details: Over the course of a school year, Emerging Leaders participate in seven two-hour seminars based on the book “Leverage Leadership,” by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo. Throughout the year, Emerging Leaders receive guidance and support in creating and implementing a school-based change project. Participants also have access to Schools That Can Milwaukee networking opportunities.
Typical Emerging Leaders Program candidate profile:
- High-potential teacher-leaders or novice school leaders
- Two or more years of teaching experience
- Willingness to reflect, learn, and take on challenges
- Possess a strong belief that all students can succeed
- Current (or potential) grade-level chair, department head, team lead, dean, coordinator, novice principal who has not completed a principal preparation program
Space is limited. Registration closes June 15.